letmebefictional

Let Me Be Fictional

Hi, I'm Sana from "Let Me Be Fictional". Here I'll be blogging about everything Fictional. Mostly YA/MG and NA is good sometimes.

Review: Student Bodies (Poltergeeks#2) by Sean Cummings

Student Bodies (Strange Chemistry) - Sean Cummings

Read more:

Julie Richarson just started her love life. There are loads of things for her to grasp, even her very own existence. The past month just changed everything for her. Julie found the truth about herself and her duties. She is not an ordinary witch now. She is now following her father's steps and has become a Shadowcull. Julie figured out her feeling towards Marcus and surprisingly Marcus was also into her. Her mom doesn't approve her love life that much and she thinks it would divert her attention from her duties.

Something Dark and strong is luring the city. As she went out to watch movie with Marcus in cinema, things didn't work as they have planned. They saw their class mate(Mike Olsen) standing in the between the railway track and showed no sign of movement since the last fifteen minutes. Julie sensed malice around Mike and when she scanned through her band, she wanted to vomit at the sight. Mike was covered in larvae and she sensed black magic behind all this. After saving Mike on that night by Soul Worms, Julie and Marcus saw the death of Travis(another famous class fellow) and he was also possessed by Soul Worms.

A black mage is possessing all the students on Crescent Ridge High School and turning them into hollow men. Everyone is freaked out after the death of Travis Butler and now the relationship between Julie and Marcus is also on the stake. Julie teams up with the white witch coven for the first time, but the mage's forces are so strong as he is so many years old. Even the witches are in the danger zone now.......No one is SAFE!

I loved the Student Bodies as I've loved the Poltergeeks. It is a joyful read. It unravels so many new things and the story went upside down. The thing which I liked about the series is the Julie's bravery and that she is head strong. I love books with the strong protagonist and the author created Julie's character very well. It is not too perfect and not too dumb. So, Julie also has her flaws and she knows it.

Marcus is a real gentleman. He is always there to support Julie and even risked his life. I love his character although he is an infamous, nerd guy but he is honest and caring. The story is well plotted and linked together. The relationship between Julie and her mom is something to which most of us can relate to. It is a bitter-sweet relationship, both do adore love and adore one another, but are head strong to confess and express their feelings towards each other.

I loved Student Bodies so much and it was so far better than the previous one in the series. I can't wait to read the next book and find out what would happen next as the story took a new path. And I assure you that you'll enjoy it.

100% RECOMMENDED!

Overall

A fast paced ride through emotions. An urban fantasy setup which is plotted along paranormal lines in an amazing and freakishly awesome way.

Source: http://letmebefictional.blogspot.com/2015/07/review-student-bodies-poltergeeks-2-by.html